CONSTRUCTION UNDERWAY, KEEP AN EYE ON OUR PROGRESS
Twin Steeples Creative Arts Center (TSCAC) seeks an Executive Director to develop Ponchatoula’s newest non-profit art venue. TSCAC strives to build a strong arts community in Ponchatoula and the surrounding area.
MISSION: TSCAC provides a public nonprofit safe space for Creative Artists to perform and exhibit their unique innovative, inspirational, and exciting works.
Programming includes exhibitions, classes, concerts, lectures, and art-related events.
Center Open: Tuesday-Saturday; 11:00-5:00 and for special events
Position available: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Executive Director must be an interdisciplinary, creative problem solver who oversees a wide range of projects using a variety of business skills.
Reports to: Board of Directors (Board Liaison: Vice-President)
Compensation: Full time, salary dependent on work experience $36,000-$40,000
Potential: 2% Step increase after yearly evaluation
Retirement Plan (SIMPLE) with a 3% match from TSCAC
Reimbursable travel (excluding commute)
2 weeks paid vacation (1 week accrued after each 6 months employ)
Health Insurance for single (TSCAC: $5300; Director: $1100 annually)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(Benchmarks to be used for first 6-month review)
● Serves as TSCAC’s professional advocate who can handle public speaking to membership, gallery visitors, donors, partner organizations, funders, artists, and the community in general
● Implements public relations plan that builds the art community through diverse partnerships, increased supporters, and participants
● Plans and implements a successful marketing and PR strategy
● Ensures outstanding facility cleanliness and organization
Programs and Operations
● Recruits, supervises, trains, and provides leadership for TSCAC staff team, volunteers, and contracted service personnel
● Schedules exhibitions and leads installation
● Works as part of a team to update all policies and procedures
● Keeps abreast of current AV best practices and technology as well as future trends that may impact Twin Steeples programming
● Performs post-event reviews and communicates the results to the Board
● Oversees accounting, budget, and established financial procedures including implementation of operating budget and practices that maintain the IRS 501(c)3 designation
● Researches, writes, implements grants including final reporting
● Seeks new funding opportunities through grants and local, regional, and national partnerships
● Develops, promotes, and sustains resource development plan including earned income, membership, individual donor and corporate sponsorship program, public fund drives, and special events
● Fosters strong member and donor relationships
● Prepares reports for future purchases and maintains an inventory of all A/V and technical equipment, furnishings, and supplies
● Maintains relationships with vendors related to purchases, repairs, and contracted services
Desired Skills and Abilities
1● Strong interpersonal skills and desire to work with our community. Must be a planner with an acute attention to detail.
2● Nonprofit or municipal experience strongly preferred--specifically in marketing, event planning, strategic planning, and fundraising
3●Capable of handling energy-intensive physical work including heavy lifting and climbing (ladders, scaffolds, etc.)
4●Successful grant writing and administration skills strongly desired
5● Passionate about promoting the arts locally, but need not be an artist or performer
6●Excellent computer, social media, and software skills. Experience preferred with graphic design programs preferred such as Adobe Photoshop or InDesign and accounting software such as QuickBooks.
7● The Center is open Tues - Sat, but the director is asked to work typical weekday/business hours, with flexibility worked into the schedule. The director must be available on the occasion of evening and Saturday events.
8● Minimal travel is required within a 50-mile radius, occasional additional travel to trainings and conferences.
9● Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
TO APPLY: email submissions only
Please send letter of interest and résumé
to TSCAC Board President, Kim Zabbia
DEADLINE: Monday, June 14, 2021, noon